Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all, you may see a bit of me here in the future. Have a new pup who is four and half months old. As we live in Indonesia and vets buy their diploma's with a pack of ciggies, I have decided to come where the professionals are. Our pup has been with us for the past month, he eats twice what our fully grown German Shepard eats and poo's three times as much. Since he has joined our family he has yet to do a firm poo, it is really really runny. We feed him imported dog biscuits mixed with milk. I have also noticed in the last week that he is also passing a blood coloured mucus from his anus....at least that's where I think it's coming from. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Maggie and Marco

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Oh dear, runny stools with blood certainly aren't what should be coming out of a healthy puppy. :( I'm not sure what you mean by "dog biscuits"--those are treats in the US, and aren't necessarily nutritionally complete. If possible, can you feed him kibble? If you can feed a good quality kibble, it shouldn't need to be mixed with milk, and eliminating the milk might be helpful. Worms can sometimes be a cause of abnormal stools and failure to thrive in puppies, but unfortunately, none of us is any better qualified to diagnose or recommend treatment than what you've already described. Maybe your pup's breeder can recommend a trusted vet?

[ July 08, 2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Betsy Iole ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts