Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy`s eyes are runny all the time..Not heavily, but enough to make her "wet" round the eyes. When she was at the vet a few weeks ago to get vacsinated he said it was ok as long as the stuff that runs was clear..
Does any of you have bassets with runny eyes? It doesn`t seem to bother her, but it doesn`t look to pretty, and I`m worried that there may be someting wrong..
Any thoughts on the matter?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Beldin gets "weepy" eyes once in a while ... it seems seasonal ... it's started again the last few days and I seem to recall the same thing happening last spring ... could have something to do with pollen in the air?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Even Doris, whom normally has no problem with her eyes,
has watery eyes now - maybe it's some allergy.
Emma has always had eye bogeys.

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
76 Posts
When Daisy was a puppy she always had "runny eyes" and like you, i thought something was wrong but the vet wasn't concerned about it. Anyways, she is a year old now and hasn't had the problem in quite a while.

·
Registered
775 Posts
My two always have wet eyes. It must be the grass and or allergies. The Vet said not to worry unless the runny stuff changes from wet eyes to colored discharge.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Bogie Carter gets runny eyes with gunk that we wipe out a couple of times a day. It's especially worse in the Spring and Fall. The vet told us not to worry as long as the discharge is clear, probably due to their sniffing their way though grasses, weeds, etc. Pollen time makes it worse and we could give him a benadryl. Check with your vet for dosage for the weight of your hound before doing this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts