Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whole family (2 humans, 2 bassets, 1 cat) was feeling warm and cozy in bed this morning. As I slowly awakened, it started to register that Thor (4 month old basset) was chewing on something. I sat up and in the dim morning light saw something drop from his mouth. I instinctively reached over to grab the item, finding it soft, limp, and warm. My first thought was that it was a hairball from the cat, but then I saw... the tail. It was a dead mouse! I vaguely remembered that cat tearing through the house last night, making all kinds of noise. He must have brought his kill to bed with him early this morning. Thor seemed to think it was a fun new chew toy. Not how I like to wake up in the morning. :eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I woke up to chewing and growling this morning also, however my chihuahua had only grabbed a package of water crackers that DH had left lying around after a bedtime snack and was guarding her winnings away from Wilson. Lucky me, poor poor you.

Life is just never dull with animals. Have a better day tomorrow.

Susan and Wilson

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Eww! I'm so sorry, I would've been sick. My childhood dog Lil' Bit (ATB 6/23/06) used to bring in birds. Growing up I remember letting him in the house and seeing something hanging out of his mouth only to find it to be bird's legs. Yuck! We would shoo him out of the house and fuss for him to drop it.

~Heather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts