Basset Hounds Forum banner

Ruby's vet appt

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Lightning&Stomps 
#1 ·
[The good news is that the coughing and gagging sound she's making is not from her heart. Her heart and lungs sound great per the vet. It's from her trachea tho. When the vet slightly pressed there, it produced that cough/gag. She didn't feel any lump in the trachea and said if it gets worse, at that point she'd do an xray. It seems as tho when Ruby is lying with her head to the front, there's pressure on the trachea area. The cough/gag doesn't happen very often but we're to keep a record as to how often etc. She'll start to cough and then lift her head and then does the gag thing. Vet said it's as if the trachea is collapsing or narrowing. I asked if it's an "old dog" thing and she said it usually happenes with puppies whose bodies aren't completely developed. ]

Janice and little Ruby

#3 ·
:( I'm so bummed about Ruby!! I do hope they can find the cause of her coughing/gagging sound, and that will will be her perky beautiful self very soon. We are sending lots of Southern drool her way.. Get better, Miss Ruby!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.