Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every single solitary time I'm gone for any length of time, Ruby will whine and be so excited when I return that she wags her entire body and carries on like crazy.

This a.m. I was gone for about an hour and when I came home, she was just laying there on the rug in front of the livingroom sofa. It's a very large room and she always hears the garage door.

I was carrying packages in and after I put them down, I went over to her and I swear I didn't see her breathing! I said, "RUBY!!!" and she just layed there!! I put my hand on her head and she jumped up with a squished side of her face and shook and then was fine. Guess she was sleeping real hard. I was so freaked out I had to call my husband at work, even tho Ruby is snoring now at my feet.

Whew!

Janice

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh gosh ...Some dogs just sleep hard I guess.

Dixie used to scare me when I first adopted her. I'd come home, no greeting at the door ...and find her laying flat on her back in the middle of the backyard. She's a little sunbather :rolleyes: ...but I thought she was dead the first time I saw her through the window. I ran out there ...freaked her out, sort of like you did to Ruby today :D

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Don't they just love to scare us! I often check mine to be sure they are breathing ... did that with my kids too! :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts