Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
That's awful! I hope Ruby and your husband recover quickly. We stopped giving tub baths because something similar happened years ago- my husband slipped taking a 70 pound dog out of the tub, the dog panicked and twisted away from him, and he was pushed back hard into a ceramic towel rack next to the tub- when I arrived on the scene the dog had escaped the bathroom and was running wet through the house, and Paul was on the floor with a cracked rib. We're getting too old to risk it anymore- it's worth $17 at the dog groomers if Murray needs a bath, which is only once or twice a year. Good luck at the vets Monday! I hope it's something minor-

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
One or two baths per YEAR? Ruby gets them once a month otherwise she's too stinky. :?
quote]

Murray only gets a bath if he needs it- I've always believed that in many cases frequent baths over-stimulate their oil glands and create a vicious cycle of 'stinky dog/bath/stinkydog/bath...' So Murray has only had a few baths in his entire life. I groom him every day though- he gets brushed, any yeast flair-ups get treated with Malaseb or Gold Bond medicated powder, etc.- I know all dogs are different, but this routine has worked for us- he has a beautiful, thick, velvety coat and doesn't have an odor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.