Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 7 yr old baby mind you, but my baby.

I was crying today with tears (don't worry, I'm fine...) and Ruby came over to give me tons of hugs as she was soooo worried. I had to calm her down by telling her that mommy is okay.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are so wonderful. Today my son has the stomach flu. Sabian is right up there in bed with him. He said, "Mom, basset fur feels great when you are sick". yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do really seem to know when you are down, sick, etc. It is always obvious in our house that the girls behave differently when we are not 100% vs. when things are running smoothly.
Another great benefit of a 4 legged friend!
Jennifer

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Homer is never allowed out in the yard without being on his leash with me. I took him out in the yard last week to do his business. It was dark and snowy and he started going nuts, as he does sometimes when there's snow on the ground. The leash is a retractable one and he started running towards me and then away, having great fun. He was so quick, he wrapped the leash around my leg and I went down! Always my nightmare -that I would fall and the leash would get away from me along with Homer! Well, I had the handle in my hand, although not very tight, but instead of trying to run away, as I always thought he would do, Homer walked over to me and stood there until I was able to get up! I do believe he was worried about me! What a sweetheart!

Judy

·
Registered
775 Posts
Our daughter in college comes home everyday at lunch and lets Copper out and usually is home with him until I get home one day last week when I got home Copper was really sweet and loving to me. Apparently while I was at work he had given my daughter an especially hard time doing the basset flop when she took him out,chewing her shoe,etc. When she started to tell me about him he started barking everytime she tried to talk he would drown her out,when she stopped talking he stopped barking and looked up at me as if to say don't believe her mom. Needless to say all we ended up doing was laughing at him and saying how cute he is.They really do know us TOO well!

·
Registered
335 Posts
What a sweet girl! They always seem to know when we're not feeling well, and they're the first ones there to comfort, bless their little doggie hearts....

BarbR

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sorry to hear that you were a bit down :( So sweet of Rubydew to comfort you. As for Toby, don't think he'd notice unless it affected his dinner or walk schedule.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts