Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you know that I'm bringing Ruby to the kennel very early in the a.m. tomorrow and my husband will be picking her up Friday evening. I'm sure she'll be fine but this will be the first time she's at this particular kennel. Of course she's going to be in the luxory boarding (lah-de-dah) which isn't a cage at all. She'll have her own "room", I kid you not! She'll get soft bedding and there'll be a camera in her room so I can go online and check her out. I'm sure she'll be crying a lot but it can't be helped.

If her daddy can get off work early on Friday, he'll get her then rather than at 6 p.m. I don't come back into town until Saturday afternoon.

Just say a private prayer for her that she does okay without her mommy and daddy for a couple of days.

Thanx!
Janice and Ruby ("What's going on????there's a suitcase out and I'm freaked!" :cry:

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am sure she will be fine. It is probably going to be harder on you than her. I will be thinking of you though because it will be hard to leave her. My girls are going to be spayed in two weeks and I am already dreading leaving them over night. Good luck to both of you.

J

·
0 Posts
Everytime we have to kennel the girls I feel bad. We just had them at the kennel last week due to a trip we made. This was our first time at this facility and my husband described it as the Ritz Carlton of kennels. They seem to have had a great time. This particular place sends home a report card about their days, what they did during their activities, etc.
I think it is usually harder on the humans than the dogs....
I hope everything goes well for her!

H

·
0 Posts
Homer (our Basset) and our 2 Lab mixes were at the kennel last week (Friday till Sunday). I too get very anxious when I put them there, but they always come home happy and TIRED!! And we all know that a tired Basset is a good Basset!! At least in Homer's case! This kennel has piped in classical music in each kennel, which is also climate controlled and air-filtered, and the outside is all enclosed in a dome type cover so that dogs can have their group play time in any weather. There are also nature walks, they get a fresh blankie every day, etc. It sounds a lot better than some of the places I've been to for vacation!!! (and costs almost as much!) She'll be fine.
:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts