Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have notice with my girl that she seems to like being in routines! So crazy, but every morning i get her out of her crate and she runs out the door and goes straight for run! It's like she knows this is what i am suppose to do. which is weird becuase i haven't had her for that long! Smart animals! Does anyone else have a routine with their bassets?

·
Registered
662 Posts
*lol* another topic that comes up from time to time. :)

Seems Mocha and Beldin know when everything is. They know in the morning they get out of the crate, run straight to the door and from their to the run... I go make coffee and start breakfast for the kids and by the time I'm ready to pour the bassets' their food they're back at the door.

Inside if it's a weekday and the kids aren't already at the table by the time they come in they run to the bedroom doors and let out low "woofs" like they're saying "get up! it's a school day!" Then they will eat their breakfast then sit near the kitchen while the kids finish theirs. Then they'll run to the closet and door and pace back and forth waiting for the kids to get ready for school and the morning walk.

During the day they putter around the yard with me or watch while I'm doing housework... about 15ish minutes before it's time to leave to go get the kids they start getting antsy and running back and forth to the closet and door again.

We go get the kids and they lead me to each of the rooms around the outside of the school... they know which doors belong to "their" kids and will sit and wait for them to come out then run to the next door for the next kids etc til we have all three.

Then when we get home they have their nap before dinner and sit by the table while the kids do homework.

After dinner they'll go out in the yard again and play with the kids before it's time to wash up and go to bed.

The dogs also seem to know when bedtime is because if the kids are dawdling watching a show or something or trying to convince me to let them stay up the hounds will pace back and forth between the kids and the bedroom doors looking back at them like "well... come on - bedtime!"

On weekends everythings a little more relaxed but the pups still wake the kids up if they sleep in too late and they start pacing around bedtime.

About the only time it seems to reall throw the pups for a loop is when there's a 3 day weekend! *lol*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts