Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy Gibbs has had a rough week. On Tuesday afternoon he went outside as usual and then when it was time to come in he was having trouble walking and wouldn't really put weight on his L front paw. I of course panicked, turned on the light to check him out and see a broken peacan shell on the floor and he is then walking around fine (he gets random stuff on his paw frequently). Yesterday Gibbs and Lily ate an entire bag of Beggin Strips. He was acting wierd, but I thought it would pass. Last night when we went to my inlaws house instead of being the social dog he usually is he went to lay down away from everyone. Today when I let him out he didn't go to the bathroom, he just laid up against the house instead. Once again he had trouble walking and this time his hind end kept collapsing. Called all over town for a vet that would take us, we ended up at the Emergency Vet. The vet doesn't think it's a stomach problem...no vomiting, etc. He checked his back/neck and thinks that Gibbs hurt his neck/back somehow (probably jumping out of my car). So for the next 10 days he's on anti-inflamatories and muscle relaxers and have to limit his activity for the next 4-6 weeks. I hope that he gets better after this, but I won't feel better until he's finished with the meds and is doing fine. He tends to have emergencies during the holiday season...grr!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Sure hope Gibbs gets better quickly. Keep us posted on how he does.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's doing quite well today, no collapsing, walking around. I'll feel better when he's off the meds though. =)

~Heather

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Glad Gibbs is feeling better! It's so hard to keep them crated for 4-6 weeks when they feel better. But one false move and they can be back to square one.
Wishing Gibbs an uneventful and full recovery.

Barb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad that he is doing better. It is so stressful when our babies hurt themselves especially when they can't tell us what is wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts