Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to help Bentley to the bridge tonight......he was diagnosed with lymphoma in October. We did not do chemo for various reasons, but he stuck with me for 4 months much more than expected. He was well although slowing down until the last day told me it was time. Run free Bentley until I see you again you are forever in my heart.:( Seeing how I don't know the http to one of my fav pics I will post in the albums.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Loved the pictures. God bless you and Bentley

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
So sorry about your loss... :(

incidentally, Worm was almost named Bentley-- everyone loved that name a lot.

We loved the pictures of Bentley. He has such a long, regal nose...
and that Uncle Sam outfit is a hoot!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am so sorry about the lost...no words can express how we feel letting go of our wonderful friends...God Bless..

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Oh no! I am soo sorry to read this :( Bentley will be missed, but runs free now. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Lymphoma is unfortunately a disease that we have yet to defeat. I am so glad that u were able to spend that extra time with Bentley. Rest in Peace Bentley....God Bless.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww I am so very sorry you have lost your lovely Bentley. I know how you're feeling as we suffered similarly with the loss of our lovely Basset girl aged nearly 12 years, almost three years ago and we all have our lovely memories of our pets. RIP Bentley :(

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
They are never, ever with us long enough. My thoughts are with you tonight. Sounds like you had what would be best for him in your heart all the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had to help Bentley to the bridge tonight......he was diagnosed with lymphoma in October. We did not do chemo for various reasons, but he stuck with me for 4 months much more than expected. He was well although slowing down until the last day told me it was time. Run free Bentley until I see you again you are forever in my heart.:( Seeing how I don't know the http to one of my fav pics I will post in the albums.
My heartfelt condolences to you and your beloved Bentley. I don't know how you feel about religion but I am a 'real' rev and will pray for him and you if that is acceptable. I am sure he is in a better place free of pain and all of us will be together one day, God bless you Bassetmom. rb

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I've been through this, twice,in fact, not very pleasent.My Bubba's story is in some of the back posts maybe in the 20's at this point. I can tell you your heart will heal but there will always be that tiny little space that doesn't quite close over and that is where he will be.I found it very healing to write about my boy ,sometimes making a photo album,or putting him on different memory websites can help a little. I also believe that when they leave we will see them again. Take care. My Bubba and Grace.(both from cancer)

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Bently is roaming free in the land of Basset Angels. May your memories of Bently comfort you during this sad time.

Peace!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. May your wonderful memories of Bentley sustain you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts