Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of Bogie and his potty bells. My husband decided to mount them right beside the door on the door frame using an L-shaped bracket. They work great, and aren't banging and jingling when the door moves. He got the larger bells at the hardware store, and we can now hear them where ever we are in the house.
Boggie has the technique down now, rings to just go out as well as potty outings. No accidents in the house, so we are estatic. We are very proud of our eight month old fur baby.

Can I ring the bells now?

Watch me ring those bells!!

The bells are hanging on the door frame.

Close up of Bogie's bells.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What a great little boy! Who ever said that Bassets were not smart..... :)
I am so happy for you that you were able to find another boy so quickly.
Jennifer

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't need the bells, because of the dog door. Although Dozer has learned to flip over his food bowl when he wants a treat. He stands in the kitchen, looks strait at me, reaches out and flips over the bowl, then turns and looks at the cabinet where his treats are.
He also does this when it's time for his feeding. They learn quickly what gets your attention.

·
Registered
662 Posts
aww What a handsome boy! Smart too! :)

I'm so happy for you!!! :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow thats great! We also are training Bessie to ring bells too and she does use them most of the time. Bessie also comes and tells us when she needs to go out....well she grumbles and snorts to go out...lol...anyway good deal,keep up the good work! J&S

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Jake rings the bell for a walk :roll:

He has a dog door now so he came up with a new function for the bells!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Penelope has been using my own version of these bells for 7.5 years. ( I thought it was my idea and what a genious I am!) Penelope also rings the bells to let our two kittens in and out. Bassets are a special breed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts