Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Tucker to the vet today, because it seemed like his left front paw was turned out more than usual. The vet thinks it might be rickets and gave me Clovite(vitamin supplement) to give him. Has anyone had a basset with rickets or used Clovite? I asked about doing a blood test, but he didn't seem to think it was necessary. I guess I'll try this for awhile and see if it helps.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tucker has always eaten Eukanuba dry puppy food since we brought him home. I asked the vet the same question and he said that just like people that they their bodies use food differently. What might be good for one dog might be for another.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for info. Menzie. I think I'll try the vitamin powder for a few weeks and see if it helps. If I don't see any improvement, I'm going to get a second opinion. The only problem with going to an orthopedic vet is that I would have to go down to Ohio State which is almost 2 hours away. Also, as of now Tucker is not in any pain and only limped a little bit one day. He still runs and plays all day. However, if I think it's not getting better, I will certainly get another opinion.

Thanks everybody for your concern and help. I will keep you posted on how Tucker is doing. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.