Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here goes. For any and all who may want to attend a Cyberhound Reunion in 2007 please let me know the following:

1. Month of the Year You'd Most Like It.

2. Would you want to bring your hound(s)?

3. How long do you think it should be?

4. What kinds of activities would you like to see us do?

My immediate plan is to figure out where the majority of people would be coming from as it may be more reasonable to have it closer to the majority. Orrrrrrr.....Las Vegas or Bust!
:D
Thanks! Lynne & Huck

[ January 13, 2006, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Lynne & Huck ]

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
1. January

2. NO (want to, can't-too far. :( )

3. three days

4. one free day to sightsee/shopping/take in at least one show as a group/any golfers?/charity auction (everyone bring one item to auction)/shopping/everyone wear tee shirt with picture of their hounds and their cyber name/did I say shopping?

5. VEGAS!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Hmmm...

1)I like mid- March- but if could tie to a long weekend any time would do-

2) Probably not

3)2-3 days

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) April or May (actually any month except around the first week of Oct.)
2) No hound if it's in LV.
3) 3 days
4) A road trip to Mt. Charleston, Red Rock Canyon, Death Valley or the Grand Canyon.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're a "maybe." Because we're a "maybe," we'll go along with when everyone else wants to go. We can go any time of year, etc.

No hound
3 days
Some kind of road trip and charity auction, etc.

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
The only other thought about Las Vegas is that airfare there is often less expensive b/c of the tourist factor... and there are usually good rates on hotels. I can fly there more cheaply than I can to visit my son in Michigan :(

·
Registered
932 Posts
Early January, or not until after April 15....hubby is an accountant. Early Jan is also a good month for cheap flights and hotels.

Probably no dogs, but the t shirts are a great idea!

3 or 4 days sounds about right.

Activities - one big dinner and social evening, then anything goes! Maybe we could contact Las Vegas Basset rescue and everybody bring something they need - blankets, food, toys, etc...they are a very active rescue and do a lot of good work. Betsy could find out what they need most....

Vegas!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well, my partner and I would LOVE to be able to attend something like this... however the actuality or reality of us being -able- to is a whole nother matter. Finances would be a huge factor.

However IF we were able to somehow swing it it would have to be somewhere close enough to drive to in a day or maybe 2 tops. (We're in BC, Canada - west coast)

Month of year - would have to be summer time once kids are out of school so they could come with (yes, we'd have to make it a "family affair" no way we could get someone to watch the kids for a few days ... it's hard enough to try find someone for a couple hours).

Bring hounds? Yes. Again for the afore mentioned reasons about bringing the kids. No one to watch them for us, so they'd have to be able to join us.

As for how long it should be ... 3 days sounds awesome BUT in reality if we were able to make it at all we'd probably only be able to stay for one whole day. We'd have to time it so we'd get there early morning ... meet everyone, mingle, take pics etc and then start back after dinner.

Activities ... we'd just like to meet everyone and say "hi" and take pics etc. Of course if we could afford it then other stuff would be great too! But a big pot-luckish type BBQ or something would be wonderful. Sit around at a park or something and play, visit, eat ...

Anyhow ... for us this would most likely be just a dream ... BUT if something does get planned you can bet we'd do our best to TRY get there!

:D

·
Registered
987 Posts
Well, we would be coming from the east coast and most likely would want to bring the dogs. We would also have to drive because, I won't put the dogs on a plane and my hubby normally won't leave the dogs in boarding. Unless, my hubby stays here with the dogs and i fly, which is possible.
December is bad for me. Summer is slow at work, but I could probably manage just about anytime.
between January and May would be preferred, but I'm flexible.
Activities, not sure if we don't bring our dogs, maybe visit a local rescue or something to help out for a day or something.
sightseeing, not a gambler but sightseeing would be cool.
I'm pretty open.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hmmmm. This is sounding interesting. Being a teacher, I could only make it in the summer or over a long, holiday weekend. There is no way I could bring the hounds, as they do not enjoy traveling. I'd be open to just about any activities!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I'd be game to meet in Las Vegas if Betsy promises to make her famous 'Let's Get Ready to Rhumba!!!" barbeque slash fajita dinner. :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does sound like fun, but unless i won the lottery, i can't see it happening, but would like to see pictures!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1. Month - late Spring or early Fall; Vegas can scorch in the summer
2. Bring hounds - think it would be great to see all those wonderful long ears flapping in the Nevada breezes
3. Length - 2 or 3 days
4. Acitivities - A "Waddle In" to benefit the Las Vegas Basset Rescue; wear t-shirts with our hounds picture on them; either bring items to auction with benefits going to the rescue or bring items "needed" by the rescue; an evening catered picnic dinner for all, so kids and hounds could attend.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Three jobs, work-related travel, and dogs to train and show don't leave me enough time to give planning this gathering the attention it deserves. My apologies. :(

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1. It really doesn't make any difference
2. I wouldn't fly with mine and in Vegas it might be hard to find pet friendly hotels. Besides they go to their vacation at the GABR basset waddle and bash.
3. 2-3 days in Vegas thats like a week!
4. We could have a silent auction, we could also have cutest hound picture, funniest picture, etc.. all to benefit the LV basset rescue.
Yvonne

·
Registered
100 Posts
1. month: flexible except not available in july
2. yes we would bring Snoopy
3. length: 1 to 2 days
4. activities: definitely some type of charity fundraiser, and anything else we can come up with that is basset friendly
5. Location: definitely would need to be able to drive there in @ 8 hours. Vegas would probably not work out for us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts