Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philly Dawg

Quote from linked article dated April 14th:

"Rescue transports are human chains on wheels that can stretch hundreds or even a thousand miles or more. They whisk dogs from high kill animal shelters, often in the South, to safe havens in the more affuent Northeast. Almost all come through Pennsylvania, by the dozens every weekend.
On Saturday an unidentified transport driver was busted by the Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement in Delaware County and charged with "selling dogs in a public place" - a violation of the state dog law. The 16 dogs were surrendered by the driver and sent to the Pennsylvania SPCA - which had just closed its animal intake facility and was desperately trying to reduce the number of its dogs, crowded into a garage, with a discount adoption event.
Now rescue operators and drivers are asking why they are being targeted by the state for trying to save lives."

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I hope they get this resolved and transports are adversely affected. Thanks for the link

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
"...often from the south to the more affluent Northeast..."
Excuse me?!?! The original "article" also said that dogs in the south are often "gassed". Has this woman ever been outside of Pennsylvania? Please! I'd love to give her a little tour if she's up to leaving that bastion of wealth and morality Gettysburg. :mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts