Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We think the puppies are just 4 weeks old this weekend. They're all up and walking, playing with each other and learning to eat dogfood!

Here are some photos from last week (3 weeks) that are cute enough to share...puppies spend a lot of time sleeping!

Here are pictures from this weekend (4 weeks).

Here's a photo of Mom Macy in front, with Caper in the background.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
The pups are adorable! Macy is a very pretty girl. I still wish I could have her... (wistfully sighing) Oh, well. I'm sure you'll find her a wonderful home.

Terry

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I love the guy with the tummy--is he the same one that was shamelessly showing his big tummy in the first set of pictures? Mom's got a pretty face--bet she'll be quite the good looking basset when she fills out a bit. It looks like she and Caper are getting along just fine.....
Sharon Hall

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
:D Macy is looking great. She's really coming along --- looks like she's filling out nicely and the look in her eye is becoming the classic beloved basset gaze. Beautiful girl!

And those puppies are adorable! :) How can you stand even leaving the house with all that squiggly plumpness?

T

·
0 Posts
Oh my doG, I'm dying of long-distance squooshieness here.

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh my goodness ...we're getting our puppy fix now! Keep the pics coming. I love them.

Do you have potential homes for all of them? Macy? How long will you keep them before adopting them out? I don't know anything about breeding.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The puppies are adorable and how quickly they are growing. It's so great to see that "Mom" is getting along so well, too. She's is one pretty girl. I'm sure you won't have any trouble placing them in wonderful homes.

Arooooos from Bogie Carter!!!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mom and litter belong to the local rescue, and the rescue will be screening and selecting the best homes possible for the pups. I wouldn't think there would be any adoptions before they're 10 weeks old--the pups are busy learning so much from each other, like how to be good dogs and play with soft mouths, to place them earlier than that. All adoptions will be local. :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ernest is only five months old, but already I wish I had another tiny puppy. Well, for five milliseconds.

They are all beautiful and I appreciate seeing their puppiness.

Mom is also beautiful.

lala

B

·
0 Posts
Oh , they R simply the best. Better than all the rest. (no pun intended Betsy). They R beautiful!!!!!!!. If U want to help Mazy get more weight on- send her here 4 a wk. Tummy has been on diet for 3 mos. and only gets fatter. She looks very wore-out. Tummy Boy's Mom . :D .

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
We also have a way of fattening up four-leggers. Tally continues to beef up despite the switch several months ago to diet food. :oops: Is air fattening? It could explain the recent change in my own figure... :x

Terry :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts