Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Karen Overall Is a good choice, for click here for bio

Most of the other come in more with an agenda and less actual knowledged of the physical and behavioral requirement of dogs

There are two vets aligned with rescue orgs , one aligned with commercial breeder, one that is a Equine (horse) specilist
and the other we know next to nothing about.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
any one advocating 50 degrees is too cold for dog is a bit susspect in my book especial when osha requirement for human workers inside is 5o degrees as well.

January 31, 2007
<a href="http://www.irrc.state.pa.us/Documents/SRCDocuments/Regulations/2559/COMMENTS_PUBLIC/Document-3514.pdf" target="_blank">As a full-time shelter veterinarian, I appreciate the opportunity to comment on the proposed
dog law regulations and offer the following</a>
21.25 Temperature Control
(e) (1)- Heating. The ambient temperature...shall not fall below 50 degrees
Fahrenheit.
- This number needs to be raised to 65 degrees. 50 is too low.[/b]

and his inconsitence on the record kkeping requirement when they applied to all kennels vs commercial kennels only again show an unfair bias and agenda

from link above dated january 2007
(8.) Records shall be kept in accordance with the act and sections....
-This is a time consuming and tedious requirement that is unnecessary. No
kennel is going to be able to adequately reach this standard. Inspection and
discretion of inspectors can be used here[/b]
vs
House Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee Hearing: HB 2525 June 12,2008 Bryan Langlois, DVM
Veterinarians are required to have a record of every animal they treat. By implementing the record keeping system described in this bill dog wardens, humane officers, and veterinarians will be able to quickly identify the animals to help ensure proper care of that animal. I feel that in addition to the last date of the veterinary visit, a copy of the physical exam findings of that animal should be present on the cage as well. This can be easily photocopied or produced in triplicate, so a record may also be kept in a safe, centralized place with-in the kennel[/b]

he graduated from vet school in 2005 so his expreince is not as extensive as many would like to portray it

from second link
My name is Bryan Langlois and I am a licensed veterinarian in the state of Pennsylvania. I have been such since my graduation from Veterinary School in 2005.[/b]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.