Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 2 years ago today that my Sadie girl made her trip to the Rainbow Bridge. I still miss her everyday. This morning I was looking through some pictures and found myself laughing. She was quite the character. In this photo, she had just stolen a rawhide from my brother's Doberman, Deuce. He didn't even try to get it back! Her little 50 lb self was in full control of a 120 lb Dobie! Deuce went to the Bridge 6 months before Sadie. I hope he had his rawhides hidden ;)

I haven't posted in awhile, but visit here now and then. I've been very busy working full-time & going to school part-time. Being a teacher with the summer off, I hope to visit more. I'm only taking one class this summer! I have noticed a few new "Sadies" on the board. Reading about them & seeing their pictures always reminds me of my girl & makes me smile.

Spencer is doing well, though I have noticed him slowing down quite a bit lately. He has a birthday coming up - he will be 12 on June 30th. He will party with his "cousin" Angel. Frosty Paws for everyone! Here he is today. He's laying at the bottom of the steps to my bed. In this spot he can feel the A/C from the register. It's pretty hot in Cincy - 90s.

Here's a link to a video of Spencer I took a couple weeks ago. He had just had a bath & was trying to get all that "clean" off of him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4IJkl8y8gg

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Well Spencer, I'd say you did a pretty good job of getting that clean off of you! And have a Happy (up-coming) Birthday!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
It seems like we've all gotten so busy, so I certainly understand. But it's good to "see" you, even on such a sad anniversary.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I find it unbelievable that it has been two years since Sadie passed. How times speeds by! Thanks for the picture reminder of what a beaut she was.

My Chloe is ringing in at 13.5 years and has slowed down considerably also. But, they are a bit like a Timex though, aren't they?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Spencer is awesome. There is something special about that boy that captured my heart from the first day I saw him posted on this forum! I love the way he looks like he's smiling :D :D You're lucky to have such a happy boy to make you smile :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I love seeing pictures and videos of Spencer. He always looks like he is smiling! He seems like a real charmer.
Sorry for the loss of Sadie but I am glad that you are able to laugh and smile at the memories you have of her now. Sounds like she was a real spunky girl! Imagine taking on a Dobe! Brave girl! :D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Great to have you posting again, and I do understand about "BUSY". We are moving Aug. 1st to Memphis, Tennessee and days are flying, with lots to do. I, too, remember your Sadie and her pictures. What wonderful memories our hounds leave with us along with footprints in our hearts. I hope Spencer has a great "12th" birthday!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts