Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created a slideshow from some of the many photos I have of Sadie & Spencer. Here is the link, if anyone wants to check it out.

·
Registered
767 Posts
What a great tribute to Sadie and Spencer. Reminded me I need to take more pictures. Wondering about the plaques at the end and where you got them.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That's a beautiful tribute to Sadie and Spencer. I had tears in my eyes, knowing just how precious all those memories are. Thanks for sharing them with us, Amy.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That was a wonderful tribute; Spencer indeed looked like a very happy boy.
The picture of him at his first birthday was so sweet: "All of this is for ME?".

Excuse me now, I have to get something out of my eye.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Oh, that did me in! It was so beautiful. I always had a very soft spot for Spencer, with his white, smiling face and his turned out feet. I loved seeing the videos of him. I'm done for.

·
Registered
972 Posts
ooh my. That was so beautiful. I can hardly see to type. SO many cute photos and so many memories. I don't see how you were able to even compile it all ..it must have been so hard for you. You did such a good memorial. *hugs*!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all your kind words. Making the slideshow caused mixed feelings. Yes, I cried, but I also laughed at all the silliness that came with having Sadie & Spencer. It's hard to believe Spencer has been gone for over 5 months. I keep expecting him to walk in from another room. I seem to be having a bit harder time dealing with losing him. When I lost Sadie, that pain was eased by having Spencer. Now, things are so quiet & empty. It's been harder too because in addition to Spencer, I lost 2 human members of my immediate family in 2010 - all 3 gone within a 5 month period. 2010 was tough. I have thought of adopting another Basset (or 2), but will likely wait until summer. I am a teacher, so I thought summer would be a better time since I am off then & will be able to spend more time with my new friends. Thank you all again.

dreamons - I answered your PM. :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
You will know when it's time to adopt; you'll just feel it in your heart.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Thnak you for sharing thier lives with us. Sadie looked a lot like Moe.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Beautiful...I of course cried. Thanks for sharing.

~Heather

·
Registered
73 Posts
Memories to keep for a lifetime

What an amazingly touching and moving tribute tribute. Not hard to see and feel the love. How lucky we are to have enjoyed so many beautiful times of joy, laughter and companionship they bring to us.

I had to say goodbye to my basset Sophie suddenly and unexpectedly just 2 days after Spencer went to rainbow Bridge.

I'd like to make a suggestion to all on here lucky enough to still have their bassets with them. I'm not trying to alarm anyone or sound morbid but just want to make the point that sometimes we just don't know how close 'the end' can be be - take a moment to capture a memory. You will be so grateful you did after their time comes. In the meantime give yours a hug, kiss, pat scratch or whatever as you may not get the opportunity to tomorrow.

And take extra care with your basset's back.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sophie.12, you are so right about not knowing how long we will have our friends. At age 14, I knew Spencer's time was limited, but how it went was really not what I expected. The tumor on his head literally appeared in an instant. I'll never forget it. It was July 1st - the day after Spencer's 14th birthday. I had some friends over for lunch. We took Spencer out in the yard for awhile & when we came in, I noticed a bump on his head. My friends all agreed that they did not notice it before. We all thought he might have gotten bit or stung in the yard, even though we did not see him react in any way to indicate he had. It just came up that fast and I could not think of anything else that would cause it to appear so suddenly. Of course, it was not a bite or a sting & 1 1/2 months later, I had to say good-bye to my boy. You just never know. You're also right about taking time to be with pets & making memories. I always tried to spend quality time with Sadie & Spencer everyday & I especially enjoyed their senior years. I'm also glad I have all the pictures I do. My family often fusses at me because I take so many pictures, but I love having them. I will often look at pictures & recall a special memory that I had forgotten about. I literally have thousands of pictures of Sadie & Spencer and I don't regret taking a single one.

I'm sorry about Sophie. The one comforting thought is that our friends are in good company & someday, we will see them again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts