Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over 3 months now since we lost José to cancer at the young age of 5. I still miss him every day, and love visiting this site once or twice a week to see all the pictures of the bassets. I can't get enough of that!

I had bought a basset pup statue online, for by our pond outside. José used to sit near the back black fence ("basset corral"), in the sun, watching out to the front yard for any potential excitement. This basset makes me feel his presence back there.

I had one video of José, from the day I bought my camera. I wish I had more, but I am happy that the one I do have shows what José was all about. I put it on youtube under "Basset 500."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIVyc42N6TM

Enjoy!
Lisa

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thinking of you. It does get easier, though you never stop missing them or thinking about them. I love that statue.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That's a great statue! I'm sure Jose approves.

I know how much you love him and I'm sure his loss is still too new. Our furbabies really take over our hearts.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Thats a great video, my dogs love doing the basset 500 also.

~Heather

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi
I love the statue...very nice. Loved the Basset 500 video! I am so sorry about your loss. I know it is hard. Take care and Moosie sends lots of lickie licks your way. He and Jose look alike. Take care.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What a wonderful way to remember Jose'. I don't think you ever get over losing one of your fur kids. We lost Bubba in Dec. 2005, and even though we have Bogie we still miss that big guy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I loved the video. Jasper loves to do the basset 500 and he looks a lot like Jose. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Jasperspet (Colleen)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I loved the video. Jasper loves to do the basset 500 too. He looks a lot like Jose. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Jasperspet (Colleen)

G

·
So sorry that Jose is at the rainbow Bridge . He was too young to die. Isn't it wonderful that U thought to film his basset 500? To see him happy???? {hugs to U]. Tummy Boy's Mom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts