Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, unfortunately we might have to fly the babies to Holland. Seeing as though our basset babies had previously uprooted a few treasured plants in my mother in law's garden. She's not keen on looking after them while we are in Holland. :-(((

Can anyone suggest a way of moving them from South africa to Holland by air?
Will they survive it?

Im very anxious about this...they are very sensitive....even when we moved house they freaked out...and sulked for a week.

:unsure:

Thanks a lot,
Simone.

·
Registered
417 Posts
We moved Scully from Canada to New Zealand a few years ago, and then back again. There's no denying that a move like that is stressful for a hound, and I have never been so freaked out in my life as I was the day she Scully was sent on her journey, but she did ok. :)

Just make sure you find out ASAP what the import laws are for Holland. I actually ended up using a professional pet shipping company to help me out because NZ is very very picky about their import laws and I was paranoid that I'd screw something up. Here is a link to some general "pet travel tips" from the website of the company we used: Pet Travel Tips. I don't have any other links bookmarked anymore, but if you do a web search you'll probably find some helpful info.

Good luck, and if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me too.

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Travel with Pets To/Through the Netherlands by The Royal Netherlands Embassy, Washington, DC

South Africa is not on the low risk for rabies list so a rabies serological test is required. The dog must be micro chiped or tatooed.

Import of Dogs, Cats and Ferrets into the Netherlands

<a href="http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/liveanimals/pets/annex2c_reg998_03_en.pdf" target="_blank">REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 26 May 2003
on the animal health requirements applicable to the non-commercial movement of pet animals and amending Coun-cil Directive 92/65/EEC</a>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts