Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting "Relaxing Christmas" yesterday, that didn't last long. This morning about 4:30am, I heard a loud noise in the kitchen. I thought some stray animal was trying to come through the dog door, but it was Dozer. He was having trouble walking, and looked like he was in pain when trying to lay down. Drool was just running out his mouth and he was breathing heavy.

I sat and held him while trying to call the vet. While making the call, Dozer passed gas and settled down a bit. Soon he was relieving gas from both ends. By 7am he crawled back into bed, and was acting alot better. I called into work, and stayed with him all morning in case he had more problems. By 9am he made a few potty trips outside, and by 11am he was wanting to play with Digger. When I got home tonight, he was romping around like nothing happened.

The only cause I could think of, was that he may have found the old cheese I threw out last night. Trash man came today, so there's no way of checking.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to let every one know, Dozer is doing great and is totally himself now. Still not sure what caused it, maybe with holiday stress and possibly eating bad cheese, but everything is in the clear.

I have to add that Digger helped in a big way, when this happened. If he didn't make such a fuss about the noise that Dozer made that morning, I may not of caught Dozer in time. When digger heard the noise, he jumped on my chest, as he got out of bed to check out the noise. I guess that's a good reason for letting them in bed with you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts