Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days Floyd has been very stubborn at eating his meals. At first I thought he was getting bored with his food, since he would gobble down any treats he got. So I changed his food and he ate it at first, but is now turning his nose up at it again. I put his food in another bowl and moved it into the living room... that worked last night, but now he's not eating again.

Pretty much any other dog I wouldn't be so worried, but he tends to get sick if he doesn't eat. Anyone have an idea? Like I said, he'll still try to get our food and take any treats given to him... in fact, he's not acting any different at all except for not eating.

Edited to add: he will eventually eat... didn't want anyone to think he's starving! He just keeps waiting so long and ends up getting sick.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm beginning to think it's more around him not wanting us to leave in the morning. He never really took to his crate... once he's in there, he's fine; but getting him there is a whole other issue. We've tried making his crate fun with toys and things, but he really hates it. I'm thinking of trying to buy one of the airline-type ones (the one we have is a hand-me-down cage-type) to see if he likes that better.

Anyway, now that I've derailed my own thread :roll: ,in the evenings he's usually pretty good about eating. In the mornings he tends to sulk as he sees my fiance and I get ready for work. At any rate, we have a vet visit scheduled for Friday to rule out any medical issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.