Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! So, i've been feeding Toby raw food since I got him. By raw I mean the prepackaged frozen (Mostly Bravo Complete, but have tried Answers, and primal.) I mix with kibble to keep the cost down. I'm wandering if any of you feed raw or make the raw blends yourself? Or buy the incomplete blends and add the vitamins and minerals? I'm interested in doing this but am terrified my little guy wouldn't get all the nutrients he needs.

I don't want to go to fully kibble because the benefits of raw have been amazing. He doesn't shed and his breath never smells :)

Toby had his first water experience! He didn't know what to make of it!

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
We mainly use Grandma Lucy's and Honest Kitchen, which are freeze dried/dehydrated raw that you rehydrate with hot water to serve. We have also use the basic blend of both these brands and Happy Dog that you rehydrate and add your own raw meat to for the protein.
For treat balls, tug-a-jug toys, etc, we use kibble, eithery Orijen or Taste of the wild.

We have also tried Stella and Chewy's which we love, but is much more pricey, so just use it occasionally.

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
I'm interested in doing this but am terrified my little guy wouldn't get all the nutrients he needs.
I am not an advocate of raw their is very few that feed raw on the forum for advice on ray I would suggest the yahoo group natural basset
'This list is for Basset lovers who use a "natural" approach to feed and care for their Bassets and those who wish to learn more about Natural Basset care. All holistic, homeopathic etc. subjects are welcome as are discussions on various ways of feeding naturally (ie. BARF, Schulze, Pitcairn, etc). This list has a specific topic, PLZ keep OFF-TOPIC posts to a minimum!
IMPORTANT: The following things will not be tolerated on this list: Flaming on or off list of any kind, inappropriate subjects, advertising of any kind and puppy mills or people giving the impression of being puppy mills."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts