Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems as though Hank has a rash under his "arm pit" or "legpit " area. I say its a rash, its kind of red and the hair is gone. It doesnt seem to bother him, I am just worried that it will spread.Although it does not look like its getting bigger, I was just wondering if its just his skin rubbing back and forth that has caused this. Or some type of skin disorder.Any suggestions?
Opps guess I should have posted this on the Health and Genetics board.

[ January 13, 2006, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Bloodstripe ]

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I never feel comfortable responding to health questions because I'm not a vet, but that being said, alot of bassets seem to have what you describe- Murray gets it in his armpits and under his neck in the summer- a little Gold Bond Medicated baby powder seems to help the situation.But if it starts getting raw and irritated,I would call your vet- my vet gave me Gentocin spray to heal any little sores- works great!Bassets are prone to allergy related skin problems, I check Murray every morning and try to catch any yeast problems etc. before they develop into something bigger. He loves the attention and it keeps things from getting out of hand.Hope this helps.

[ January 13, 2006, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: murraysmom ]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just started using the Gold Bond powder on Belvedere. It helps if you use it regularly ...but gettingin on there is a challenge. And that stuff kinda smells like the diaper rash creams. Weird. But it seems to sooth the redness.

PS I was worried that he might lick it off but he doesn't seem to be interested.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's very common with bassets. Most of the time that Ruby has had it, it was yeast.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alrighty Thanks for the replys, I'll try a little goldbond. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts