Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 18mth old Basset has a rash under her collar. Also to a lesser extent under her legs. It doesnt' seem to cause her much anxiety but it is quite raw looking.I have also removed her collar as it reduces the irritation significantly but I am not happy leaving her collar off for security reasons. I have tried several types of collars and all have the same effect. Are there any collars available on the market which are more suitable for Bassets loose skin??

·
Registered
369 Posts
In many of the posts on the general discussion page, you'll find people mention allergies and yeast infections, especially in their arm (leg) pits.

Loosen the collar a bit to make certain there's air getting to the area, and keep her clean and dry. Then, you may want to try the remedies which were listed on the discussion page.

·
Registered
939 Posts
that could be your problem,they get wet and hold moisture.they are OK but you have to take them on and off the dog to let them dry out.if you go to www.houndhunter.com this is the website for Sacandaga Dog Supply,they sell and make a real great plastic type of collar that is the best that i've seen in quite some time.they have a good selection of sizes and allowed me to mix and match what i needed.i got 6(six) collars for about 5 bucks a piece,that is in U.S.dollars,i just saw that you are in Ireland(lucky you).i think they will ship there it can't hurt to look into it.i got the ones that are called Ring-in-Center(RIC).they hold up real well in the field and the color has not faded on them yet.Hope that i was of some help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - I have mailed them to check if they can ship them to me. If not I can look for similar here. I hadn't thought that the fabric could be aggrevating it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts