Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my puppy is almost 12 weeks old and ever since she was 7 weeks old she has been getting this brown rash on her belly, at first I thought maybe she as sitting in her feces, so I washed it everyday. It would keep coming back. Well she doesn't go to the bathroom in her cage anymore, and when she goes out side she doesn't lay in it. So I am wondering if any of you have ever exprienced this, I didn't think it was that big of a deal at first until I thought that maybe it is some type of yeast infection, It is in the part of her belly right between her legs and it has a fold. So if any of you have exprienced could you let me know, I don't think it is anything serious I just want to know how to get it to go away and prevent it from coming back. Ok thank you

Steph

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vet said it may just be dried urine, but I don't know how she would get it up there. I have an appointment on the 10th of July, so hopefully she can really diagnose it then, I am just gonna continue cleaning it and just keep and eye on it. She doesn't act like it bothers her she does try to bite at it or lick it so maybe this is just something she will always have. But have any of you exprienced this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rash has gotten alot worse, so I am going to the vet again I think it is something different, the brown rash went away, but now she has these bumps on her belly that our trainer who has bassets said she thinks its poison ivy, I didn't know dogs could get that, it is on her legs and under her front legs in her armpit area, I feel so bad for her. So she goes on monday hopefully it is nothing big, but it looks bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.