Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here watching the dogs out the window. It's raining, and they are just walking around and playing like it's sunny and dry. It's not bothering them at all.
I know some of you out there have hounds that won't go out at all when it's raining. Does anyone have a hound that just loves the rain?
BTW, it's raining enough that I don't feel like going to the car to get the camera, so that's why I have no pictures.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
We don't have "rain" in Las Vegas, but we do have sprinklers. I have one basset who is completely impervious to them. We always know when the sprinklers come on, because the house smells like wet dog.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Rain? RAIN?? Good heavens. I have one Basset who acts as if she's drowning if it so much as sprinkles. She won't go outside without a nice push if she thinks it's raining and if she's outside if it's more than a mist, she starts blinking her eyes pitifully as the water floods down on her, and apparently is near to blinding her. The other one just hates it.
Sharon Hall :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Sadie never liked the rain & I used to have to make her go out to potty when it was raining. She'd hold it all day if I'd let her. Spencer doesn't seem to mind the rain. He just walks around like nothing is happening. I'd love to see some rain now. Everything is so dry & brown, despite my watering. Send some our way!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Bogie loves getting wet in the rain or the sprinklers. If either is happening you better have a towel ready, because he comes in looking like a drowned rat with a smile on his face. Then "the games begin" with the towel drying process. Bogie thinks it's time for a tug-a-war contest with the towel, and if he wins let the race begin and catch me if you can.

Arooooos from Bogie Carter !!!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Copper hates the rain and will sit on the porch looking pitiful until it stops. If he has to go potty he does it very quickly and then pouts the rest of the day because he is wet. Patty and Dolly on the other hand love the rain and will splash through the puddles. They are in their kennels now because it is raining now and they want to go play but they still have their stitches and I don't want them to get wet.

P.S. In spite of their love of rain they act like someone is killing them if they get a bath.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Snoopy used to hate the rain - he'd take his toilet breaks by stepping out the door only a little way, with his back paws on the doorstep, and just aiming out the door. Now, he'll happily walk in the rain, but when he comes in, he goes crazy - all bouncy and barky.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
When we lived back east, I was always outside with the umbrella over Ruby while she did her yard business, like the servant that I am.

It hasn't rained here all that much but she's probably forgotten about those awful thunderstorms and lightening storms which used to put her in such an anxious state.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
We had a little rain burst this afternoon. The bassets poke their noses out the doggy door and turn to whine at me like it's all my fault... Abby our brittany, slams the gate open and runs out for a spin in the wet grass totally oblivious to the rain :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts