Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know price is not the only thing to be concerned with when looking for a puppy but i just wanted to know in general, what most responsible breeders are looking for, for their puppies. I have had a lot of people ask me lately and i have no clue.
Pet and show prices would be great. I am located in eastern pa, by the way.

Ashley

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm in New England, so may not be helpful. Are you selling puppies or are people asking because you have a basset and they feel you're a good resource?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know price is not the only thing to be concerned with when looking for a puppy but i just wanted to know in general, what most responsible breeders are looking for, for their puppies. I have had a lot of people ask me lately and i have no clue.
Pet and show prices would be great. I am located in eastern pa, by the way.

Ashley

I am located in California and Bassets range from $350 (no papers) to $600 (with papers).
Ashley

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am asking because I work in a grooming salon and have had at least 3 people ask where i got my girl Bella, from and how much i paid for her. I tell them, but then i also have to tell them that i went to Louisiana to get her and i paid what i paid because she is a show basset. So they ask what a "normal" one costs and from around here.

Thanks,
Ashley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts