Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baby is a 10 year old Bassett that is very scared. She is scared of a strong storm with lightening and thunder, fireworks, yelling, new people,and the wind. At times, she looks through the window at the sky & just stare. I have heard they see "spirits" or since you are not well, is that true? She stays near my husband when he has a seizure or comes to get me. Here is a picture of her just staring out the window.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Scent hound

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
Believe as you will about spirits, generally speak fear in dogs is about 1. in adequate socialization as a puppy to novel experiences noise, strangers etc,. or a one time trauma that created a lasting impression on the dog. ie getting a static shock during thunder storm. being kicked by a stranger. etc. With the Noise phobia look into 1. thunder shirt with a money back guarantee. and./or melatonin Thunderstorm Phobias | Juno Beach Animal Hospital we use NATURVET Hemp Quiet Moments Soft Chews Calming Supplement for Dogs, 60 count - Chewy.com we for a couple of ours that have car ride anxiety.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe as you will about spirits, generally speak fear in dogs is about 1. in adequate socialization as a puppy to novel experiences noise, strangers etc,. or a one time trauma that created a lasting impression on the dog. ie getting a static shock during thunder storm. being kicked by a stranger. etc. With the Noise phobia look into 1. thunder shirt with a money back guarantee. and./or melatonin Thunderstorm Phobias | Juno Beach Animal Hospital we use NATURVET Hemp Quiet Moments Soft Chews Calming Supplement for Dogs, 60 count - Chewy.com we for a couple of ours that have car ride anxiety.
Thank you for the information. I have a thunderstorm coat for her & it helps some. My mother in law called the doctor & they gave her acepromazine 10mg for it. I really don't want her to take that because it really makes her walk around with her eyes rolled back plus not as responsive. I'm going to look into the hemp chews.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts