Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What product line do you guys use for Heartworm prevention? ...and for flea/tick control?

Also, have any of you, who have more than one pet, ever had problems with them licking the area where the flea control drops are placed? ...on the other dog or pet. I'm worried about this. I've never had two dogs prior to getting Dixie in February. These two "clean" each other and it worries me now that flea season is upon us in Florida.

Thanks for your help ...

Faye

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I was using Interceptor for heartworm and K9 Advantix for flea/tick.

On the advice of a holistic pest dude (yea, I know), I've switched back to Frontline Plus and may or may not continue with interceptor.

I've never had any problems with them licking the area where the drops are placed. One thing I do, though, is make sure I apply the drops in the evening when they're sleepy so they won't run outside and roll around in the dirt and rub it all off.

[ April 09, 2006, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: biscuit ]

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Frontline- Murray had a horrible skin reaction to Advantix, so bad he had to go on cortisone for a few days! I'm just glad he's OK with the Frontline because he has allergies to EVERYTHING it seems. He's on interceptor too. And no, we've never had a problem with one dog licking it off another.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Advantage and Interceptor. We can't use Advantix because we have cats. NO problems with either. Neither dog has shown any interest in licking each other or the cats where we applied the Advantage--it smells so bad I can't imagine them doing that.

Anybody out there remember the days before the Advantage like drugs came along--flea collars, flea bombs in the house, much itching and scratching (both me and the dogs--I'm allergic to fleas).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts