Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question, I don't know if anybody else has this problem or not.
Mattie is limping this morning at 9a.m. but at 5:30 a.m. she fine. (Husband let her out then). She sleeps on her doggie bed or floor at night and did once she came in from her bathroom break this morning.

I am sort of wondering does anyone think it could be her foot going to sleep and that is why she won't put any pressure on it. I felt of it and moved it and she didn't cry out or anything. And it just odd she was fine at 5:30 and not at 9. I am pretty sure she was laying on that side of her body and Mattie is a big girl (she is on a diet now for that).

·
Registered
973 Posts
Maybe she has some arthritis and the cold outside makes it flare up a bit more. Just a guess.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it can't be a sleep ruled that out and she is not con-ing me (which she is good at). Cause I just came home from working out and she was still limping not as bad as before but a little. So maybe she sprained it or something. Going to see how the day goes and VET it might be tomorrow!!

Its not that cold out here in Virginia today, thank goodness so I don't think the cold has anything to do with it, she is outside right now so we will see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
This happened to Annie last night. I woke her up to give her a chew treat, she was sleeping outside, and she took it and limped away. Not a severe limp, but enough for me to notice. So I followed her out and then checked all her limbs, they seemed ok. She bee-bopped into bed a little while later just fine and is fine this morning. So I'm wondering if it was asleep...or a touch of arthritis from the cold. I hadn't ever seen her limp before.

Keep us posted on Mattie!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Annie I don't what it was but Mattie is fine now.
I came home from Gym and she was limping, I let her out and she was limping and I left Mattie outside on her leash while I did some stuff inside and I went back out and she was limping a little. BUT as soon as I let her off her leash to wander around while I was out there she was fine. She took off running and walking like her normal self.. Makes me wonder if I was being CON by the hound. HMM!!

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
she is not con-ing me (which she is good at).
A con for a mere half a dy mere childs play. Toughy had a limp ruse for ~ month, He got caught when he forget what his bad leg was. One queer look from me was all it to and miraculusly he was all better.

Check between the toes and the toes and the pad of the foot it is easy for stuff to get stuck there and stay there that cause pain when the dog presses down. I have had dog limping because of acorns, to the smallest sliver. which is hard to find sometimes amongst all the hair. i have dogs limping so bad that a two hour trip to the emergency vet on a sunday only to have them get out of the car without one. a lot of time you just will never know.

·
Registered
297 Posts
How old is the dog... could it be pano? If its a puppy that could be the culprit if it's a limp that comes and goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts