Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The folks who live in back of us just took possession of a 5 year old, unspayed Rottie from relatives who couldn't care for her anymore. She's due to go into heat soon. Murray is neutered- how bothered is he going to be?

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
The folks who live in back of us just took possession of a 5 year old, unspayed Rottie from relatives who couldn't care for her anymore. She's due to go into heat soon. Murray is neutered- how bothered is he going to be?[/b]
Each dog is different. But toughy who was nuetered between 5-6 mnth never had an interest. Fischer the harrier was not nueterer until 2. the breeder who had him said he would go off his etc when ever there was a bitch in heat in the area. I notice a few examples of this and other sex hormone related behavior 3-4 months after his surgery but since that time has not exhibit any of those behavior even in off lease close encounters with estreus bitches. I doubt he will show any more interest in her because she is in heat. Any new dog in the proximity is bound to create some intrest just normal dog behavior.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike- they've actually had Abby for a month and Murray likes her alot- she's a nice girl and wants to play with him-

Murray was neutered at about 5 months. I'll be interested in seeing what happens.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanted to say that I like your new avatar! Murray is sooooo handsome! :)[/b]
Well thanks! I think he's in 'Humphrey Bogart' mode in this photo :lol: !
Here's the original:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You've got to love those wonderful long ears!!! What a handsome guy!!
We named Bogie for Humphrey Bogart, by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts