Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm toying with the idea of organizing a field trial for the BHCC, possibly in North Augusta, Ontario (near Brockville, northeast of the Thousand Islands bridge). There have not been field trials for bassets in Canada in years, but if the response was good I'd try to make it a regular thing, at least around here.

My question is....would anybody come here? Since those that hunt with bassets are few and far between here, we would be relying heavily on US entries until we could get more Canadians interested.

A

·
0 Posts
I'd love to come but Molly is spayed and the BHCA doesn't allow altered Bassets to compete in field trials. Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I might show up. Some details please--would this be like an KC field trial- are there running grounds available-what hounds can enter????

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a beagle club in N. Augusta, lots of running ground. Rules are similar to AKC, only intact hounds that are CKC registered or elligible for CKC registration can enter. If dog is AKC registered it is elligible for CKC registration or you can get an Event Registration Number (ERN) for competition purposes only.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Belinda,the AKC not the BHCA does not allow spay/neuter dogs.what sort of papers and records would you need to get the dogs in the country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts