Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had to have the springs on the dog door replaced. Instructions call for greasing the replacements. Can I use Crisco? No? How about Vaseline? If not, what should I ask for at Home Depot?

·
Registered
797 Posts
white lithium grease - available in a small tube

So, I had to have the springs on the dog door replaced. Instructions call for greasing the replacements. Can I use Crisco? No? How about Vaseline? If not, what should I ask for at Home Depot?[/b]

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
white lithium grease - available in a small tube[/b]
also apray can with nozzle. but why use such a low grade grease when a tub of high temp wheel bearing grease is so much blacker, stickier, messier and harder to clean up.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Dean and Mike. Speaking of do-it-yourself, I have a new idea for stenciling the floor with pawprints...

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I know a very simple way to do that! My technique involves a rainy day, mud, and a wet Basset! Mix them all together and open the door... :D B)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ms Betsy,
Mam, I would like to suggest a product for your consideration that would serve the purpose you have intended and much, much more. It is non-toxic and contains no carcinogenic substances. The product is Ballistol.
Information can be located at www.Ballistol.com. It can be purchased directly from them if you cannot buy it local to you.
Good Luck!
don

·
Registered
797 Posts
To decorate the floor, just put a towel out side the doggy door, soak the towel in paint and the houndies do the rest

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
To decorate the floor, just put a towel out side the doggy door, soak the towel in paint and the houndies do the rest[/b]
for the reverse effect paint the floor but let the dogs in before it dries. Then you can have one room that is the mirror image of all the others , but all of then decorated with paw prints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts