Basset Hounds Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
Can't believe this is happening to you all, so Gxd knows how you are dealing with things. How can one vet say she has stopped bleeding & another say she has been bleeding since she arrived? My thoughts are with you, fingers & paws crossed.

Have just seen your post, what can I say, am so so sorry for you both.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm so sorry. I feel just sick about this.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm sat here cuddling my joey with tears rolling down my face. I'm so so sorry, I just can't believe this has happened. I know how much you love ro-ro. This is all too sad.
Sending you my sincere condolences and to sweet ro-ro, rest in peace little angel xxxxxxxx

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Hi everyone,
I'm roro's other mam. I'm just so gutted and devastated and I'm writing this with tears rolling down my face. I loved roro so much and all I keep thinking about is her little waggy tail, and how she pushed us to the side of the sofa so she could sit in the middle of us!! I so wish she was here now.......thanks for your comments on the site I really appreciate it, please do one thing for me tonight, give your little basset's the biggest cwtch (welsh for loving cuddle) and kiss and stroke their long silky ears and never let them go xx

Shar xx

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Shar, my heart goes out to you and your partner. Please don't hesitate to come here for support.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Oh No! I am so sorry. Cuddles for everyone here for Roro and you. xxx

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'm so sorry - my heart is broken for you. I'm giving Maddie a big cuddle, and wishing you good thoughts.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have been following this thread and keeping my hopes up... I am so sorry for your loss. You can feel how much you loved Ro-ro.... you did everything you could for her. She'll be running free and watching over you, waiting to be with you again. I wish I could be with my Noba right now to hug him (but I'm at school and I can't), however, I did contact the family watching my baby and asked that they give him extra love and cuddles for me. RIP sweet Ro-Ro. Run free sweet girl... :(

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm just heartbroken for you. I read the news on my way home from my night shift and when I got home I gave Harvey a hug thinking of poor sweet Ro-Ro. I can't imagine the sadness you must be feeling but you were the best basset parents she could have hoped for and did all you could to help her! And she got to go to sleep in your arms and is now happily waiting for you to come to hold her again one day. My deepest condolences go to you on this sad day!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Oh ..... (words .....) I just came here this afternoon and went to this thread first. SHOCKING news. I can only echo what's already been written here and especially the part about her now running free and out of pain and looking down on you and thanking you for all you did to try to save her. No owner could have done more - know that!

It's gutting when this is the outcome, just gutting. All I can say. :(:(

Add - I know it's well early to get into all this but could this have been a bleeding disorder as well as pyo? - Looking at your original post, you said she'd bled for 4 weeks, which is longer than 'normal'.
http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/cardiovascular/c_dg_von_willebrand_disease#.UaX6WJw1CSo

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
1. Von willbrandts is not the only genetic bleeding disorder in bassets they also could have Basset hound Thrombopathia Which happens to be the only genetic disease currently there is effective gentic testing for in basset hound

2, there are a number of genetic defects than can cause Von Wilbrandt's and genetic test for these in many breeds but so far not that can be accurarly used on Basset Hounds. The tradition method of using clotting factor test is unreliable in deteriming clear, carriers and affecteds

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I knew a Basset with BHT. A dog with this condition would not live to 5 or 6 without someone knowing about it and spending scads of money to keep them alive. The dog I knew, at 5 years of age, was the oldest BHT affected dog living outside a research colony, and by the time he was 2 he had cost his owners over $10,000 in treatments.

·
Registered
653 Posts
So sorry to hear about Little Ro Ro. You both have my deepest sympathy. The only positive thought that I have is that RoRo is not suffering or in pain anymore. I will give Norman a cuddle and an ear scratch when the grumpy fellow wakes uop from his mid da nap. So sorry.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Oh no!!!!! I am so sorry for Roro, I can't believe it. What did the vets say now about the bleeding? This is just so sad poor you both and poor roro.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts