Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's dog(s) howl, whine, whimper or yipe in their sleep? Rosco just let out a pretty good painful-sounding cry, rolled over, and went back to sleep. Nothing out of sorts on him. He howled once in his sleep and scared both of us. He could get up and talk to me in his sleep some nights, I sleep so soundly I might not even notice.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Annie did a muffled howl in her sleep a few weeks ago. Scared the bee-jeezus out of me until I realized what it was.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Lightning woofs in his sleep occasionally. He's not a very vocal dog so it's especially funny to hear when he's asleep. Sometimes he's sat up from a dead sleep and growled in the direction of the door--this dog NEVER growls, so I was really scared until I realized he wasn't really awake. Lightning is more active asleep than awake. It's hysterical.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Mine sings in his sleep. He rarely barks when awake, so it is very funny. Last night he aroooed so loud in his sleep, he woke himself up. Then he looked at me quite cross as if I had woken him up.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Gandy has now started sleep walking. He just slid off the bed, eyes closed, walked a few drunken steps, banged into the wall, and then flopped down in the hallway to continue his nap. Good thing they have hard heads.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love to see what they dream of. Lately Layla has been dreaming good stuff - she fluffs and putters with her mouth and makes little excited noises. Must be bunnies and squirrels galore in there.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Both of mine do this too. And if they get real serious about it they'll wake up the other. Virga will then get up and go nose Doppler to make sure he's ok. They also twitch in their sleep.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Molly, my basset, ha never done that in her sleep but apparently my vet has told me that she suffers from anxiety. So when she is awake and slightly nervous...she howls loudly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts