Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys... I just got this video of Roxie's puppies moving in her belly. Didn't know if anyone would be interested or not but I thought it was kind of neat to see. No this is not an advertisement as we have several homes lined up and most likely not enough puppies but thought you all may enjoy it anyway.

Here are the two videos of the puppies moving. Jason, my husband, finally saw it for the first time today so he no longer thinks I'm nuts.
It works best if you watch them on full screen though cause it's hard to see some of the rippling movement otherwise on the smaller screen.
Sorry guys I know these are long but I'm not very good at videoing.

Edited as much as I could.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wow that's crazy! Thanks for sharing!

~Heather

·
Registered
160 Posts
That is so amazing! When I was pregnant, I could see actual body parts through my belly. A whole foot, toes and all. How many pups does the vet estimate she has?

Thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I remember my friends pregnancy and you could see the whole foot slide across her belly... looked like her boy was trying to step out for a bit. LOL.

Don't know how many yet till we do the Xray on Tuesday. Hoping for at least 4 or so, otherwise we may just have to schedule a c-section as she's so long those babies are going to be way too big to pass with so much room to grow in.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Best wishes as you wait for your puppies to arrive! How lucky for all? There is one problem I would have, giving the pups up!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know giving the puppies away is going to be an issue... however it won't be much of one now. We just found out today that she is only having 3 so there will only be one going to someone outside the family. So at least it will just be the one. It will be hard none the less but hopefully with the people I have I am pretty sure that I will get lots of updates no matter which one I choose. Now I'm just worried about having to do the c-section... it is however the safest thing at this point though since there are only the 3. I don't want to take the chance of losing any of the puppies or our girl Roxie... they are all far to precious to me to take any chances.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankfully Roxie is at home safe and sound and I was so exhausted when we got here that I really just crashed. She's doing well... a little tired too and wants some mom time of her own to be comforted. She's being a very good mom though and will lay down and let the puppies feed when they call for her but she's still a bit unsteady yet and I'm so tired that the puppies are in their box to keep them warm (the box they were in while the others were being born) with a heating pad. We're all tired but happy. I got a few photos but will get more after I can see and think straight. Just the three lovely girls but that's fine with me since they all came out safely and momma is safe and sound.

All 3 of the puppies have a nickname already, the first to come out was Chatty Cathy. She was a talker from the time she was born and continues to chat all the time... not always when she needs something she just likes to talk. The second all black one is Roxie 2 or R2D2, I was calling her Hulkette but Jason didn't like that... she's nearly 7 oz. bigger than the other two. Then the third is Morgan... she was blue when she was born and the breeder really had to work to get her going... it took her 4 hours to get here as she was all the way up on top and had to work her way down... she's got a bit of the Captain in her (to help her breathing), hence the name Morgan.

Hope you all enjoy. Thanks for all the support I really do appreciate it guys. It was nice to know we had everyone rooting for us. Roxie came through it like a champ and I'm sure it was in no small part to everyone's positive vibes coming through. That and my breeder is phenominal... it was a 30 hour ordeal from the time we got to her house to when we left with 3 healthy happy puppies. Wow I would have had no idea what to do without her. She was really wonderful and I couldn't be more greatful. Not many people I know would be sleeping next to you on the hard floor of a kennel for 30 hours.
Roxie 2 and Chatty Cathy getting a meal before Morgan arrived.

Puppies in a box

Momma and her babies safe and sound at home. Feeding time.

Close up of feeding time... Chatty Cathy closest.

Close up of puppies feeding. Left to right... Morgan, Chatty Cathy, Roxie 2

Roxie and puppies at home in whelping box.

Chatty Cathy... love her show side... will be very flashy, I'm really hoping she turns out nicely.

Roxie 2 and Chatty Cathy.

The two open tris Chatty Cathy and Morgan

This is the two open tris Chatty Cathy and Morgan... little boogers wouldn't sit still, LOL

Chatty Cathy and Morgan

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
What cute puppies, congrats!

~Heather

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
They are beautiful!! Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Beautiful puppies but I am partial to black (or black and white) to begin with.Fortunately,I've never had a C-section on any of my bitches but you just never know when one is preferred or needed. Take Care Tracy I hope they grow up to meet your hopes and dreams. Keep posting photos I' love to see the black one stacked when older,actually all of them but I like that one already.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YEah I know I'm a bit partial to black as well and that one has stood out to me as one of the ones we may keep. Especially as she appears to have the bone and skin I was looking for. We shall see though as Chatty Cathy's show side coloring may make her very flashy in the ring. It would be nice not to have to fight so hard to finish the second time around... I had a hard time with Roxie and her being so black... had some judges who really didn't like it. However I now have a list of judges who liked it and those who didn't so it would be a bit easier now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a couple of better head shots from today. And a few snuggling photos.
Chatty Cathy... however her sister Morgan has now become the non-stop talker. LOL

Roxie 2 head shot

Morgan head shot

Cathy and Roxie 2 snuggling

All 3 puppies snuggling (Morgan is the one underneath)

Roxie snuggling Morgan

The 3 girls snoozing

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some new pictures... Red blanket are from 2 days ago and tan blanket are from yesterday.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you and yes I'm very partial to her coloring as well. Her coat is just so shiny that most judges accuse us of shining up her coat.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some new pictures of the puppies. They are getting big already.
The other dog in one of the photos is watchful uncle Beau. He's not quite sure about these babies yet but whenever they cry and Roxie is not around he comes to check on them... won't go in by them but comes to check on them anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts