Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hickory has just started his second 30 pound bag of puppy food at 17 weeks, and I just have a few questions. I am feeding him blue buffalo lamb and oatmeal for puppies currently, however, while he does have solid stools, has soft and watery stools at least one time every day. I am thinking of mixing it up a bit, and see that Innova gets some good reviews and is actually on sale now at petsmart. Would any of you recommend trying this brand out for Hickory? I read about all the hype in grain free food, but I feel that as his diarrhea is already a concern, I don't want to cut grains out completely. If I make the switch to Innova puppy food, my next question is which puppy food to get. There is a regular puppy food and a large breed puppy food. Normally I would get the normal one, but I've been reading the forum and a couple of people have mentioned that bassets do well on large breed food. Why is this the case?

Anyway, rather than rambling on any further, I'll just wait see what you guys have to say!

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just started another 30 lb bag of blue buffalo, but next thing I'm buying is Innova large breed puppy food. Hickory actually doesn't eat much lately, I don't think he ever really liked the blue buffalo food.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.