Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what you guys fed your puppies when they were just little? My baby is 6 weeks old, and the breeder said she was feeding her hard food with milk...now I think she meant puppy replacer milk, so I bought a small can to mix with her food yesterday, and it made her sick. So I just wet it with some warm water, and she ate it right up! That should be OK for her, right? She ate 3 times today, and she drinks a lot I think.

Thanks!
Angie and Daisy

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just wondering why the breeder let a six-week-old pup go. Major red flag.

·
Registered
465 Posts
We got Elmer at 8 weeks. He was getting a 1/2 cup serving twice daily, AM & PM of Hills Science Diet puppy food. That's a 1/2 cup of the little plastic cups that you get with puppy food. Not sure if that is the same as 1/2 cup. It looks smaller! They were also putting about a tablespoon of wet puppy food, same brand on top of it. Our vet said to just wean him off the wet food completely and after about a week we did that. I just followed the recommendations on the dog food bag from there according to his weight and so far so good. He's 2 now, (his Birthday is Valentines Day!) and he's a good weight. For a long time, he ate it dry, but at about a year old, he got finicky so I started putting some warm water in it to "gravy it up" and he loves it!

Now if I could just get them to chew . . . :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts