Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if you could all tell me the approximate age you switched from puppy food to adult food. Maggie is about 7 months and is on puppy chow. I don't think it is a very high quality brand and has consistently soft stool as well as a tendancy to try to eat it. I think that a better quality food might help, but I don't want to stress her too much by changing her to another puppy food if I could just change her to adult soon.

I'm thinking of one of the Eukanuba brands - possibly lamb and rice for medium size breeds - any input?

Thanks!
Maggie and Missjoy

·
Registered
939 Posts
even though they had a quality problem in the past,i will most likely use Diamond Puppy Chow again when the new one gets here.than at 7 months old i'll switch to adult food.i use Purina Pro Plan Performance Formula,but the regular Pro Plan should be a good choice for your hound if you so desire. i prefer the chicken based formulas.Whatever you feed i would look for a 24%-26% protein 16%-18% fat ratio.these would be what i would use for the normal pet feed.Whatever you choose make sure you can afford what you buy and your dog is doing well on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Baxter is 6 months old now and is still on Nutro Large Breed Puppy Food (Lamb and Rice). I will keep him on the puppy food till he's a year old, as suggested by my vet and the bag of Nutro. Then I'll go to the adult formula Nutro. It's all natural and he does well with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts