Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the temps in Cincy continue to be unseasonably mild, we woke up today to a very windy & rainy day. Not long after, the power went out for awhile. Without TV, radio or computer to entertain, I decided to get the camera out.

Sadie wasn't in the mood for fun. She thought it was a good day for napping.

Spencer, on the other hand, amused me with a variety of faces. Notice how Sadie just keeps on dozing & ignoring us.

Whatcha got there, Mom?

Cheeeese

Hey Sadie, did ya hear Mom say she just washed the couch cover & she'd like to see it stay clean for more than 1 hour?

That just cracks me up!

I'm getting hungry. Can you eat that flashing thing?

Oh well, enough fun, I think I'll join Sadie for a nap.

Here is a picture of a rare moment where Sadie & Spencer are actually laying close enough to touch. I love the look of total disgust on Sadie's face. I wonder what she is thinking. Maybe "Ewwww, there is boy Basset butt touching me."

A

·
0 Posts
Great pics love your comments I think you know your bassets pretty well at least you can read their minds.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm guessing the couch cover didn't stay too clean with rain! I think you have two very beautiful houndies! thank you for sharing the pictures!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well, you guys all had a fun day...well, you and Spencer did, at least...That Sadie...what a toot! :roll:

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks Amy, love the one of Spencer yawning, he's a lovely looking chap, how old is he?
Arlene and Opus.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's pretty overcast and just yuck down here in South Georgia, and I think Sadie has the right idea. Just take a nap. Great captions, better than any newspaper would have come up with, and even better pictures. The power needs to go out at your house more often.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just love the expressions on Sadie's face throughout the whole 'film shoot' :( Spencer on the other hand looks like a goofy big guy who was loving the attention. :D Couldn't help but laugh at the differences in their expressions.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Spencer is quite the ham & loves any attention he gets. Sadie is the total opposite - very laid back, quiet & calm. Sometimes I think when she sees the camera, she ignores me on purpose. I swear she hates having her picture taken!

Arlene, Spencer is 9 1/2. He is actually about 16 mos. younger than Sadie, who will turn 11 in about a week. He has not aged as gracefully. I guess Sadie being so calm has kept her young looking!

Joshua - LOL about the power needing to go out more often! Amazing how dependent on it we are & when it is out, it's like OK, what do I do now?

[ January 30, 2006, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: AmyB ]

·
Registered
110 Posts
I love the pictures & the commentary. We had a beautiful week, then the weekend was soaking - now I have a good plan for the next time this happens to us.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts