Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have been absent for so long, and lots has happened in my pack, I thought I`d present my new family members.
Funky is first.

I heard about her last summer. She needed a new home. As I tought the name was kinda familiar, I called. The woman had only had Funky for a few months, but things were not going well. The woman`s hubby thought Funky was very difficult, and wanted her gone. As I had just lost Clara, I said I would give Funky a new Foreverhome!
Longer story short, the family changed their mind, and I heard nothing untill 25th of February. She called, said the hubby was gonna have the dog euthenized if she didn`t get her out right now. His idea of a "Perfect dog" was a dog that sits quietly in their corner untill called. One that you take for walks etc, then lives in their corner unvisible and silent.
Needless to say, I said YES; I`ll take Funky!
I threw myself in the car, drove 6 hours in a icy blizzard, over the mountain pass, picked up Funky, then turned around, drove back across the mountain.I am so glad I did! I was shocked when I saw Funky! The pics will show you why!

I have later found out that Funky Skytrouble was originally bred at Clara`s old breeder. She didn`t eaven know Funky had been rehomed. And she has in her sales contract that she is to be informed, and has first right to get the dog back, regardless. She is so happy Funky ended up with me.
And so am I. Funky is a wonderful Basset. Fun, spunky. happy and not difficult to handle at all. Not if you`re used to Bassets, LOL

Pics of Funky the day she came home. Look at the state of her!

Funky Skytrouble, 6 weeks later, afrer proper diet and plenty of TLC
Quite a difference, don`t you think?

Isn`t she just lovely?

·
Registered
35 Posts
:p Funky is fabulous! I am sorry but I would have called the authorities for animal abuse on that one! He looks amazing and at home! I love to see happy basset faces. he looks settled and divine. Congrats on the family! I have not been here in forever either!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wow what a difference 6 wks makes. Glad you gave her a proper home.

~Heather

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am glad you got Funky------there is not much you can do to help the cold hearted man who was cruel to a Hound!
don

·
Registered
460 Posts
Bravo, bravo for taking her! She is beautiful now!

Our 5-yr old Sally girl rescue was only 20 lbs and unspayed when we got her, now, she's a goodly 40 perfect lbs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bless your heart for opening your heart and home to Funky. She really needed an angel like you in her life. And how beautiful she looks now!

Wishing you both the best. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts