Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Some of you might remember me as the mommy of my beloved Ceasar (Ceasar's Palace) who we lost to cancer in July 2005. We're finally ready to bring a new baby home. We pick him up next Saturday and I am very excited and a little scared too.

I actually wanted to hear some opinons on those puppy pads that you can buy now. Has anyone actually used them? We both work during the day so we gate off an area in the kitchen next to the sliding doors. When we had Ceasar I remember just using newspapers in front of the door but boy what a mess they made. These pads seems like an interesting idea. I was just curious if they are worth the money and what people's experiences have been.

Melinda

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much for the feedback and the warm wishes. I will look into a tray for the pads as well. I think it sounds like a great idea instead of newspapers again. We have no kids so I don't mind spending a little extra on the furbaby.

The pup will be 8 weeks old when we bring him home. It is actually going to be a surprise to see who we get :) We went and saw the litter a week ago - there is nothing better than sitting in the middle of a pile of 12 puppies! They are just precious and are all tri-colour. Anyway, we've been in touch with the breeder for over a year and love her to death (she has known us since the Ceasar days). Her dogs are gorgeous and I am honoured that we will be getting a show prospect even though we really don't have any plans to show him - but you never know. She is keeping one of the males and she has it narrowed down to 2. She will make the final call on who she is keeping and we will take the other one. One boy is really dark, all black and the other has a lighter head and more white. I will be thrilled with either one.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the brand tip Susan. I will see if I can find those around here.

I don't think pads will delay housebreaking. It is only while they can't hold it all day. With Ceasar the papers were set in front of the sliding doors. So it was easy to get him to the outside stage. When we were home as soon as he headed to the door (i.e. papers) we would put him right outside.

Will be sure to post some photos!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.