Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Congratulations on your new baby!! Baxter is now 4 months old and I use wee wee pads all the time! I started out using a tray and litter pellets that Purina makes for dogs. He was eating the pellets so I stopped using them and line the tray with newspaper and then several wee wee pads . They saved our house!! We both work all day and this is wonderful. He even uses it when we're home and he has to go in a hurry - he runs in his "kennel" and goes in his tray. Of course there are times that he doesn't make it to the tray and we have to clean the rug :( He's still learning.... We got him when he was 3 months old so we haven't had him very long. You just have to love him to pieces though - he's just so adorable! :p

· Registered
145 Posts
I really don't think the pads will delay housebreaking. We use them in conjunction with housebreaking. When we're at home we take Baxter out to the kennel often and he goes. He will sometimes hang around near the door and then we know he has to go, but mostly we just take him - a lot! He's mostly a good boy, but when he gets to playing a lot and chasing the cats, he forgets and wets the rug. If we catch him in the act, we say NO and take him out. But a lot of times we see it after the fact and just clean it up. We use the pads basically because there is noone home in the day to take him out. The other 2 dogs can hold it without any problem, but Baxter is just a pup and so he has the pads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.