Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one. I have never looked for any basset forums until now. I have two bassets 1 male (skeeter)tricolor 10 yrs & 1 female blonde (molly) 9 yrs. I've had skeeter since he was 6wks and molly I adopted from Petsmart when she was three. I have had alot of different dogs but I trully love my dogs. I think they are to smart for there own good. But they are a blast to be around.Theres alot of very good looking dogs in this forum. I have a question for you'll. I have been feeding my dog both chichen soup(adult) and premium edge (chicken and veg adult). What are your thoughts on these foods? :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sounds yummy. The only possible concern I would have would be with the sodium content. A lot of canned foods are loaded with it.

Welcome to cyberhound. I hope you post pics of your family very soon.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I think skeeter/molly means Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover dog food. It is very highly rated in the things I've seen....don't know about premium edge.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I fed the Chicken Soup brand and had good results. However, it is made in the same place that had the dog food recall last year. The formula I used did not use corn, but I worried anyway. And the vet told me I really didn't need to change. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I think those are good foods. You want to look at the label to be sure it doesn't have any corn in it as most dogs cannot digest corn. A very good food is Prarie by Natures Variety, but there are lots of good foods out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts