Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomarrow Speedy goes in to have his left anal gland removed (carcinoma), bladder stones removed, and his left parathyroid removed. Three surgeries all at once. They will keep him 5 to 7 days. I'm not ready for this. Hope he is. Will keep you posted. Speedy. :cry:

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
You and Speedy will be in my thoughts. Best of luck, Speedster. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Best wishes and lots of prayers for a 'speedy' recovery! Slobbery kisses and well-wishing snorts and snuffles from Moe...

Terry

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sending lots of love and prayers for a "speedy" recovery. I know how worried you must be- Hugs-Wendy

Mom to Samantha & Jake, Abby & Indy

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
:( oh, poor Speedy!

sending you all good thoughts and wishes. please let us know how he's doing --- and how you're doing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update. 4 hours in surgery. Everything went fine. Doc said he is a very strong dog for being 12. They had no complications. Expect complete recovery. I have been a total shipwreck for two days because of guilt, but think I made the right decision. Thanks for all the prayers. I know that had alot to do with the outcome. The Speedster

·
Registered
219 Posts
So happy to hear the good news. Jackie sends tons of puppy healing drool and we both wish you and Speedy all the best!!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
So glad to hear it's over and went well. I know you can't wait to get your baby back home, and administer some TLC. Keep us posted as to how the patient is doing.

Drool to speedy from Bo and Moose!

Sandy

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That's a lot. Best of luck...keeping my fingers crossed all goes well.
Sharon Hall

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Glad to hear the good news. Sending best wishes for an extra "Speedy" and uneventful recovery. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Guilt will get you nowhere, Momma! If we all knew what was wrong, what to do and when to do it we would not have any sick hounds!

In my experience the momma and daddys on this forum are the most loving and caring of any breed. You did what you had to do when you knew to do it.

He's okay now so, save all that time you were using feeling quilty and use it to make Speedy have a good homecoming.

Hang in there!

Sandra

B

·
0 Posts
Glad to hear that Speedy came thru well. Sending healing thoughts and Tummy's drool that he continues to heal well. Tummy Boy's Mom

·
Registered
125 Posts
Opus and me are sending healing thoughts right this very minute. Well actually Opus is passed out with the heat, but you know what I mean, hope Speedy has a speedy recovery. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. Francis and I send lots of love and best wishes for a "Speedy" recovery.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I echo everyone here with the best wishes and prayers, soft gentle hug for speedy and a big one for you.

Take good care of both of you.

Susan and Wilson

1 - 20 of 27 Posts