Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we have been thinking that now that we have been in our home for 9 months, that it might be appropriate to adopt a sister for Button and Elmer. (Our house doesn't smell bad enough! :lol: ) We have made application to a basset rescue near us, and are awaiting the approval process. After that, we will see what female might be a good match for our family.

Has anyone brought a female into a home with two males? Can you tell me what your experience was like? When we were keeping Captain for our secretary (the boxer) it was one too many males in the house, so thus the idea that the female might be the way to go. All of this is provided that everything goes right, but we are hoping to get placement of a dog by July if things work out.

Keeping fingers crossed!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have two males and a female.One of the males is a Beagle who is now 12 and the Basset boy is 3 and she is about 5.
We have had her nearly 2 years and she was last in :p
She rules both the boys with a rod of iron :lol: but all three get on really well together.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have both males & females with no major probelms. A few squabbles now and then - but that's normal.

My smallest female, Georgia, rules all the males with an iron paw! Secretly I think they boys like to show off for her but I wouldn't embaress them by asking.

Congrats on your decision! So many bassets are looking for good homes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts