Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just got some sad news. I know this isn't basset related, (so the Administrators can delete this if they want) but my fiance Bill just called me EXTREMELY upset. JD (Justadog) his 13 yr old Newfie/Lab has to be put down tonight.

Bill just moved into his new house last week. A couple of days prior to that, JD had a mini-stroke but has been responding well to the steriod treatment. Anyway, JD was home alone yesterday afternoon and decided to explore the new house a little bit. (The house isnt very big, and its all on one floor) The bathroom door was open so he went in to look around and the floor mat slipped out from under him and he fell. It must have shook him up pretty bad cause he peed and pooed all over the bathroom. (I think that he panicked himself into another mini-stroke) They think he may have been like that for a couple of hours. Poor thing! Anyway, Bill's parents stopped over looking for Bill and that's when they found JD.

After cleaning him up, he started to calm down as the night went on. However, Bill's been home with him all day today and he just "hasn't been right." So after all JD's been thru the past couple of weeks and after what happened last night.. JD "told" Bill it was time. They will be waiting for me to come down to his house tonight to say goodbye before we take him to the vet.

Thanks for letting me share.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am sorry. Times like these are hard. RIP JD. yvonne

·
Registered
289 Posts
My prayers will go along with you on the ride to the vet. Hug him.. he knows you love him and are making this decision to ease his pain. Keep him close in your hearts.. JD will bring comfort to your soul.

Love, prayers, drool coming your way..

Doreen and Lucy

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't matter that JD was not a basset - he was an important dog. So sorry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Please accept our condolences on your loss.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will be praying for you and keep you all in our thoghts. Godspeed JD!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a sad tale. You will be in my thoughts tonight.
Jennifer

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am so sorry. I have a 13 1/2 year old Lab mix who I love dearly and I dread the day we have to say goodbye. :(

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I am so sorry to hear your sad story. That is just awful. Please know you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts