Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some before and after pics he had his Ulnar osteotomy surgery on tuesday. He is really grumpy with the other pets. His surgery means that they cut the ulna and put a peice of fat in between so that the radius goes back into the elbow joint. Poor baby. Its his Left leg

never Mind His winky hanging out, I had to have my husband hold his ears out of the way

[/img]

·
Registered
535 Posts
Poor baby, hope he's up and about very soon. How long does he have to keep the cast on? My Miniature Pincher broke her leg in two places last summer, the vet tried casting it twice but the Miniature Pincher just doesn't have the body shape for a cast, not much of leg to hold the cast on. It would not stay on; she had to have surgery to have two pins put in her leg instead of the cast. She's doing fine now, it was a pretty bad break, in two places and her leg healed crooked but she gets around just fine.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I see lots of extra pampering & spoiling in his future! Glad he came through ok & we wish him a speedy recovery. I laughed about the "winky." My nephew calls Spencer's his "red rocket."

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Hope he's feeling better soon. My boy Gibbs has a crooked leg. It doesn't hold him back though; he can outrun the other dogs around the neighborhood.

~Heather

1 - 10 of 10 Posts